How To Improve The Appearance Of Your Mons Pubis

Posted on

If you are not happy with your mons pubis, then you should schedule an appointment with a cosmetic gynecologist. The mons pubis is the fat pad that covers your pubic bones. This organ functions as a protective pad during intercourse. It also gives cushioning to your pubic bones and protect the underlying tissues and bones. The mon pubis is more prominent in women.

Some women are not happy with the appearance of this area. Your mon pubis tends to change after childbirth. This area can develop an excess of fatty tissue. On the other hand, genetics can play a role in fatty tissue forming in your pubic area. Read on to find out how to improve the appearance of your mons pubis.

What Causes The Excess Growth?

There are different reasons for the excess growth. The main culprits are normal aging, child birth and weight gain. They can make the mons pubis overly large and creates an unsightly bulge. When this happens, it can interfere with the appearance and normal function.

How It Causes Problems

This condition can be more than just a physical problem. It can cause problems with wearing certain clothing. For example, the bulge can be very noticeable in really tight jeans. The excess skin can also interfere with sexual intercourse and with your urination stream.

What Is A Monsplasty?

Monsplasty or a pubic lift is a surgical procedure for tightening and decreasing the mons pubis. It is done through a horizontal incision similar to a C-section. Your surgeon uses this incision to get rid of some of the excess fat and unwanted skin. He or she will give you a lift by suturing the lower part of the mons to the upper part. This procedure creates the natural aesthetic beauty of this area. It also tightens the remaining tissue and muscle.

Can Be Done With Other Surgeries

A monsplasty is a procedure that can be done with other surgeries. Some women like to get this procedure with other surgeries to rejuvenate the complete genitalia area. This procedure can be done with a body lift, tummy tuck, vaginaplasty or labiaplasty.

Between 2004 and 2009, 132 patients with mons pubis deformities had a mons lift. It is becoming more common for women to get surgery in their pubic area. Women are becoming more concerned about how this area looks. If you have concerns, then you need to schedule an appointment with your gynecologist. He or she can help you make decisions about making changes.